1) Note that we start with glucose and end with pyruvate. This is called glycolysis.
2) Note that we start with pyruvate and THEN the CITRIC ACID CYCLE just keeps going. The purpose of this CYCLE is to produce NADH (nicotimamide adenine dinucleotide)
3) Both glycolysis and then the citric acid cycle are followed by OXIDATIVE PHOSPHORYLATION. This is the process whereby NADH is feed into the chain( so to speak) and out pops ATP (adenosine triphosphate) at the end. The cell uses the ATP to DO IT’S JOB or FOR repair!
4) This is what we mean by fasting blood sugar
5) These are the typical ranges used to determine if you have blood sugar issues. Unfortunately, using “fasting blood sugar” to determine if you have an issue is RIDICULOUS in a certain context!
6) GLYCOSOLATED HEMOGLOBIN: A much better test EVERYONE should have regardless of fasting blood sugar
7) Very easy to purchase and quite affordable
8) how to do the thrid test called GLUCOSE TOLERANCE TEST
9) No MORE than 2 hours after a large high sugar or carbohydrate( which turns to sugar) meal, your blood sugar should drop to under 100!
10) Last, but not least, the most precise test for blood sugar dysregulation is the Insulin resistance test!
11) Please note that the insulin binds to the insulin receptor FIRST and then the glucose binds to the glucose receptor AFTER! now the sugar can go into the cell for glycolysis, citric acid cycle, and oxidative phosphorylation; AND OUT POPS ATP, for energy and cell repair!
12) If blood sugar is left unchecked it gets complicated over time!
13) Gluconeogenesis is the conversion of fats or proteins to glucose. Using fats or protein keeps the blood sugar much, much lower and is the essence of the PALEO DIET!
14) This is gluconeogenesis whereby fatty acids ( from fats) goes into the Citric Acid Cycle and it used INSTEAD of glucose to make ATP!
15) Note that proteins (which break down to amino acids) can be converted to Acetyl CoA or glucose, which in turn can enter the Citric Acid Cycle and ultimately produce ATP for cell energy and repair! Again, you do’t need to eat glucose to make energy!